When we first started streaming on Twitch.tv we were mainly using it for what it was originally intended for, LIVE streaming video games. Old Curmudgeons Gaming was created and we put out plenty of how-to videos for Minecraft and dabbled with streaming video games with all our old curmudgeon friends as well. But while perusing Twitch we found so many awesome communities! Twitch has much more than just video games to offer! There are all kinds of things you can watch on Twitch, from cooking streams to Twitch Sings, it's a fun place to meet new friends and find and support people that share your interest. We ended up finding a fun makers and crafters community. We worked hard and with the help of people who believed in us, became affiliated. The nice thing is that you can follow us and hang out with us for free because Twitch itself is free and is supported by ads. Every time you subscribe to skip watching the commercials on our channel or watch a commercial we get some of that money to help us create fun content and soap! You can also donate to us via Tip or Bits if you would like. It is a great way to make new friends and/or just keep up with what we are doing as a business and as a family. We also have free soap give-a-ways on Wednesdays and other days if we meet our goals.
Did you know that Amazon owns Twitch? Because of that you are able to link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account. But first you need to have a Twitch account! Here's how you do that:
1. Go to https://www.twitch.tv/
2. In the upper right corner click Sign Up
3. Enter the required information
4. After you come up with an awesome username and fill out the rest of the information click Sign Up
5. Next you need to choose some interests. Here you can search for Soap Passion directly.
6. If you click on our channel you are now following us! (If you choose 3 things that were not us, don't worry you can just search for us at the top of the screen and when you get to our channel, click on the heart at the top towards the right of the video area.)
7. If you did choose us, pick 2 more categories or channels and then you will be allowed to go our channel.
8. We might be streaming or hosting one of our friends.
9. Now you can subscribe! If you are currently a Amazon Prime member here is where you can use your account to subscribe to us for FREE. There are also other 2 higher tiers that you can subscribe to us with, they give you access to more of our emotes! But if your new to Twitch and have Amazon Prime this is a great way to support us and while trying Twitch out for the first time!
10. To get to the other tiers and the Twitch Prime option you might need to scroll down. Just click the button that says "Start Your Free Trial".
11. When you click the button you will be brought the website below. When you get there look in the top corner on the right hand side for "Already a Prime member?" and click the Sign In button. Once you do that you'll be prompted to sign into your Amazon.com account and then you'll also be asked to confirm that you would like to link the two accounts together.
12. Now that you've have connected your two accounts, from what I remember it will also confirm that you would like to use your FREE 30-day subscription for our channel. Once you do that you are now a Soap Passion Twitch Prime Subscriber and will have a cute blue crown by your name when you say hi to us in chat! You'll have the option to share about your subscription in chat, it will help us know and we can properly thank you.
Twitch Prime also gives you free loot for games and other cool things. But what is most awesome about Twitch Prime is that if you are a Amazon Prime member, it's already a benefit that you currently have that you can take advantage of! Unlike regular paid channel subscriptions on Prime Video if you want to stay subscribed for free using Twitch Prime, you'll need to re-subscribe every month. For that you just simply click the subscribe button, scroll back down to the button with the crown that says Subscribe Free and confirm. We hope to see you in chat!